Your support of PTA is more important than ever! In these troubled times, we must remember that life as we knew it will return, and we are all in this together. PTA membership allows you to stay involved with your school and neighborhood community, and keeps you informed & updated on legislation important to all children! Everyone can join PTA. Please reach out to neighbors, parents, children, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, and siblings.
Mid-year Membership Campaign FAST & FURIOUS 15!
Congratulations to the Fast and Furious 15 Winners!
The Fast & Furious Membership Challenge was from January 1 – February 15, 2021 and ended with 19 units remitting 15 or more members to be eligible to be one of five units to receive $50! The units that are the winners of this challenge are:
- Mesa Verde Middle PTSA
- Lakeside Farms PTA
- Parkview Elementary PTA
- Hedenkamp PTA
- Mt. Woodson Elementary PTSA
Congratulations to GRANT SCHOOL PTA!
The Early Bird Membership Challenge that began in Fall 2020 continued until March 2021 with an additional competition of which early bird PTA/PTSA would be able to exceed last year’s membership total by the highest amount to become the $250 GRAND PRIZE Winner. Grant School PTA is the GRAND PRIZE winner with an extraordinary 177 more members than last year! Congratulations to Grant School PTA!
- Grant School PTA – 354 members/177 members 2019-20
- Edward L. Hardy Elementary PTA – 137 members/35 members 2019-20
- West Hills High School PTSA – 245 members/162 members 2019-20
- Grapevine Elementary PTA – 145 members/63 members 2019-20
- Rancho Buena Vista High PTSA – 139 members/64 members 2019-20
- Vista La Mesa Elementary PTA – 63 members/15 members 2019-20
- Oak Valley Middle School PTSA – 246 members/201 members 2019-20
- Corky McMillin Elementary PTA -74 members/29 members 2019-20
- Alamosa Park Elementary PTA – 77 members/40 members 2019-20
- Rancho Minerva PTA – 56 members/35 members 2019-20
- Northmont Elementary PTA – 68 members/15 members 2019-20
- Adobe Bluffs Elementary PTA – 136 members/116 members 2019-20
- IDEA Center High School PTSA – 39 members/24 members 2019-20
- Harding PTA – 31 members/17 members 2019-20
- Conway Elementary PTA – 110 members/98 members 2019-20
- Castle Park Elementary PTA – 35 members/25 members 2019-20
- Beaumont Elementary PTA – 59 members/50 members 2019-20
- Sherman Academy PTA – 55 members/46 members 2019-20
Ideas for signing up new members….
- Post your PTA membership link or PDF of membership form on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms.
- Have a PTA Membership Sign-up Day during the months of January and February.
- Ask the Principal to email parents the PTA membership link with a message about activities your school’s PTA supports.
- Set up TOTEM for your PTA by clicking here.
Questions? Contact Betsy Mueller, Ninth District VP-Member Services Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need membership campaign ideas?
Click to view…
Electronic Membership with TOTEM!
TOTEM, the electronic membership system, is an additional way to collect memberships. Units, councils and districts are not required to use the new system, but we encourage you to check it out. Click here to learn more about TOTEM or to follow the easy set-up guide. PTAs can continue to collect and remit membership as you always have.
If you need help signing up for TOTEM, talking about membership strategies, or have general membership questions, please contact Betsy Mueller, Ninth District Vice President – Member Services Director, Call/text at (619)838-1500 or email email@example.com .
- Is this the only way we can collect memberships? No, use ALL of your resources to sign up members! Please use envelopes, websites, and TOTEM.
- How much will it cost? There is no cost for a local unit to use the system. Each member that joins using the electronic membership system will pay a $1 convenience fee per membership. This will cover all the processing fees and other costs of the system. This dollar will be paid by the member and it is added onto the membership dues. It will not reduce the portion of dues deposited in the local PTA unit bank account.
- Can a unit opt out of using the donation part of the program to avoid the 5% fee? TOTEM can set up an account to eliminate offering the donation options to members. We believe that offering donations here will increase overall donation amounts to units because of the ease of to donate, and that the 5% fee will be outweighed by the increased donations. TOTEM is working on giving members the option to the pay the 5% in the near future to allow your units to keep 100% of the donations amount.
- Does the auto renew occur at the beginning of the school year or one year from purchase date? California State PTA’s membership year is July 1 to June 30. An auto renew notice will be sent to the members the last week in June and auto renew will occur near July 1 (depending on holidays). Bulk upload this year’s members to make sure they receive an automatic renewal message. New bulk upload feature on TOTEM! Now you can upload all your members into the e-membership system and have one source for all your membership information. You can do it yourself with the Google sheet and FAQs from TOTEM, or for a small fee, TOTEM can set it up for you. All members in the system will receive renewal notices to make joining your PTA easier.
California State PTA Resources For Leaders and Members