The Virtual Ninth District PTA Annual Meeting and Founders Day will be held Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 3 p.m.
Please click here to RSVP by March 1, 2021 at 5 p.m. to receive the Zoom link for the meeting.
Haga clic aquí para confirmar su asistencia antes del 1 de marzo de 2021 a las 5 p.m. para recibir el enlace de Zoom para la reunión.
Please click here to make a freewill offering!
Donations collected during Founders Day observances benefit the entire organization. District PTAs use the funds to:
- Organize new units and councils.
- Strengthen PTAs and PTSAs.
- Train leaders through workshops and conferences.
- Offer leadership training and parliamentary procedure courses.
- Promote PTA publications and special projects.
- Plan special contacts with teachers and administrators to increase the value of the PTA to school and community.
Not a PTA member yet, JOIN NOW!
What is Founders Day?
The Founders Day celebration was created in 1910 by Mrs. David O. Mears, a charter member of the National Congress of Mothers founded by Alice McLellan Birney and Phoebe Apperson Hearst in Washington, D.C., February 17, 1897.
The Founders Day observance has continued through the change of organization names in 1925 to the National Congress of Parents and Teachers, and the uniting in 1970 with the National Congress of Colored Parents and Teachers, founded in 1926 by Selena Sloan Butler, to become the National PTA (A Brief History: Working Together for Children Since 1987). – CAPTA.ORG
Click here to learn more about Founders Day!