PTA Program Grants are available for 2016-2017
Applications due By Noon, Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Ninth District PTA is offering Program Grants to unit and council PTAs in good standing to develop and implement programs and projects that support the PTA mission statement and goals.
Grants are available for programs in the following areas at the unit and council levels: health and welfare, parent and student education, and parent and student involvement.
Individual grant awards will not exceed $800. Ninth District PTA grants are a onetime funding source.
Criteria for Awards
- Your PTA/PTSA must be in good standing with your council and district
- Membership dues and insurance must be paid by the grant application deadline
- The PTA applying for the grant must sponsor the programs and projects
- Only one completed application will be accepted from each unit
- No payment of salaries or purchase of equipment will be considered
- No grants will be awarded for Grad Night or Disaster Preparedness materials
- Honorariums for program speakers may be listed as grant expenses
- New and innovative programs and financial need will be given strong consideration by the committee
- Expanding and improving existing programs will be considered
The Ninth District PTA Grant Committee selects grant recipients. The decisions of the committee are final. All applicants will be notified of their standing by letter and a check will be sent to each grant award recipient. Grant recipients will be introduced at the Ninth District PTA Annual Meeting/Founder’s Day celebration in February.