Ninth District PTA is offering Program Grants to unit and council PTAs in good standing. These grants are to develop and implement programs and projects that support the PTA mission and goals.
Grants are available for programs in the following areas at the unit and council levels:
- Health and welfare,
- Parent and student education,
- Parent and student involvement.
Ninth District PTA grants are a one-time funding source. Individual grant awards will not exceed $800.
Applicants must submit all requested paperwork, completed and included, for an application to be considered. The unit president must sign that unit’s application, and the council president must sign that council’s application. The PTA applying for the grant must have association approval of the program.
Units or councils must submit grant applications to the Ninth District PTA office by noon on Tuesday, November 19, 2019. Applications may be submitted online at Survey Monkey (www.surveymonkey.com/r/2019-20ProgramGrant9D). Applications may also be hand delivered, electronically submitted by email to email@example.com, or mailed via USPS to the Ninth District PTA office. Facsimiles (FAX) will not be accepted. Ninth District PTA will not consider applications received after the deadline.
If you want to submit a paper application, or apply by email, click below to download the application in pdf format.
Requirements for grants
Grant recipients must do the following:
- expend grant funds by June 1, 2020;
- submit by June 1, 2020, to Ninth District PTA a report detailing the project’s goals and objectives, an evaluation of the outcomes and a budget of actual expenditures; and
- return to Ninth District PTA any funds not used for the purposes stated in the original grant application.
The Ninth District PTA Grant Committee will select grant recipients, and decisions of the committee are final. Ninth District PTA will notify applicants of their standing by letter and a check will be sent to each grant award recipient. Grant recipients names will be included in the Ninth District PTA Annual Meeting/Founder’s Day program.
- Your PTA/PTSA must be in good standing with your council and Ninth District PTA; including up to date, approved bylaws; membership dues and insurance must be paid by the grant application deadline; and Federal, State and CA Attorney General tax filings must be up to date;
- The PTA applying for the grant must sponsor the programs and projects;
- Only one completed application will be accepted from each unit or council;
- No payment of salaries or purchase of equipment will be considered;
- No grants will be awarded for grad night or disaster preparedness materials;
- Honoraria for program speakers may be listed as grant expenses;
- New and innovative programs and financial need will be given strong consideration by the committee;
- Expanding and improving existing programs will be considered.
We recommend that you prepare your application offline and then cut and paste the answers to the SurveyMonkey (link above) form. If you apply online, you will need to upload the following documents to complete the application:
- End of the year audit (June 2019)
- End of the year financial report (2018-19)
- Immediate last two month’s treasurer’s reports
- 2019-20 PTA/PTSA budget
If you apply in person or by e-mail, you will also need to provide these documents with your application.