PTA Reflections Program for 2018-19
Membership in PTA provides the opportunity to participate in the National PTA Reflections program. This program encourages students to explore the arts and express themselves by giving positive recognition for their artistic efforts.
Entries must be submitted through channels (unit PTAs to Councils to Ninth District PTA if in council; or unit to District if not). If you are a PTA in San Diego or Imperial Counties you are in Ninth District PTA.
The Ninth District Due date is noon, December 3, 2018.
Physical Art Work Entries and paperwork must be in the Ninth District PTA office before Noon. Our office is located at the San Diego County Office of Education, 6401 Linda Vista Rd., Annex A, San Diego, CA 92111.
Participation in arts programs – like PTA Reflections – plays a critical role in students’ success, in school and beyond. All children deserve opportunities to explore and be involved in the arts. Consider the following facts from ArtsEdSearch.org:
- Participation in the arts can level the playing field for underserved students
- Participation in the arts develops the whole child
- Participation in the arts connects families and schools to one another and to their communities.
Reflections Theme for for 2018-2019 – “Heroes Around Me”
The resources below will give you the tools you need
Download the following from the California State PTA website…
- Student Entry Packet
(remember to fill in top box BEFORE disbursing to students)
- Guides for Local Leaders
- 50th Anniversary Reflections logos and marketing tools
- Unit Participating Form
Download the Ninth District PTA At-A-Glance file – Units or Councils
- Unit At-A-Glance (click to download). (Units must check with their council to identify the number of entries and the date their entries are to be submitted. This will then help units set their due dates for students to submit their entries.)
- Council At-A-Glance (click to download)
Download the Ninth District PTA Data Entry Form – Units or Councils
Reflections Theme Search
Children and youth can submit a national theme to serve as the inspiration for Reflections artists and their original works. Students submitting the winning theme receive $100 and recognition at the National PTA Convention. Download our Guide!