Reflections is going VIRTUAL!
Entries must be submitted through channels for the five levels of PTA:
- 1st Level: Unit PTA is your school PTA;
- Identify and contact your council for your due date and number of entries to submit to your council. Your council information is found on the front page of your unit bylaws.
- Out-of-Council Unit PTAs submit 30 entries to Ninth District PTA on December 7th.
- 2nd Level: Council PTAs are usually comprised of Unit PTAs in a school district.
- Councils can forward up to 60 entries with no more than 10 from each art category.
- 3rd Level: Ninth District PTA is comprised of units and councils in the San Diego and Imperial Counties.
- 4th Level: California State PTA;
- 5th Level: National PTA.
If you have further questions on how to submit entries please contact Sandy Ritter at SandyRitterPTA@cox.net
FORMS & RESOURCES
- Units-at-a-Glance: Units must check with their council to identify the number of entries and date their entries are due. This will help units set their due dates for students to submit their entries.
- Out-of-Council Units-at-a-Glance
- Student Entry Packet including Entry Form and Rules for each Art Category in English and Spanish BUT remember to fill in top box of Entry Form BEFORE disbursing to students
- Guides for Local Leaders in English and Spanish
- Reflections logos, flyers and other promotional tools
- Materials for PTAs including Participation Forms and Rules.
Save the date!
Ninth District PTA’s Reflections Showcase tentatively to be held on March 19, 2021 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The 2022-2023 theme search is now OPEN!
Help us choose the theme idea that will spark fun and creativity during the 2023-24 Reflections program! The student who submits the winning entry will receive a $100 prize from National PTA.
National PTA’s Reflections program has helped students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life. Each year, over 300,000 students in Pre-K through Grade 12 create original works of art in Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, and Visual Arts in response to a student-selected theme.
Past themes and duplicate submissions are not considered. This means we’re looking for the most original theme ideas. Please review the themes below from previous years before submitting a theme for 2022-2023.
Themes in English
Themes in Spanish
To participate, please click here to submit your theme idea online by November 1, 2020.
More about Reflections…
Membership in PTA provides the opportunity to participate in the National PTA Reflections program. Reflections encourages students of all ages to:
- unleash creative talents and be inspired;
- express themselves imaginatively in their artwork;
- experience the fun and joy of making art;
- tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme; and
- receive positive recognition for their original works of art.
Each year, over 300,000 students in Pre-K through Grade 12 create original works of art in response to a student selected theme. This 50+ year-old program helps them explore their own thoughts, feelings, and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence, and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life.
Curious about the history of the National PTA Reflections Program?
Check out the “Timeline” of the program and be inspired by its history and purpose – pta.org/home/programs/reflections/timeline
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE REFLECTIONS PROGRAM?