For most units and councils, January, or six months from the start of their fiscal year, whichever comes first, marks the beginning of their mid-year financial review season.
To get ready for this, the Ninth District PTA Financial Reviewer, Deborah Childers, has scheduled a 90-minute in-person (with a Zoom option) training for unit and council Financial Reviewers at 10:00 on November 1, 2023. This event is intended to be a basic how-to lesson for unit and council financial reviewers, presidents, secretaries, treasurers, and potential financial review committee members.
Topics to be covered include:
- Why financial reviews are needed
- Necessary forms and paperwork
- Who is involved – it’s more than just the financial reviewer!
- What materials to gather for the review
- How to complete the financial review form, checklist and recommendations
- Common scenarios
- What to do if something unfavorable is discovered
- Ask the Financial Reviewer anything
Immediately following the training there will be a question and answer, or bring your books and get started session until 2:00 PM.